||Director, Airline IT Delivery
Bergmen Consulting is looking for an Airline IT Delivery Director to help develop project teams, provide leadership and guidance on engagements, and build solid relationships with existing and potential customers.
The director will have a key role in the organization. S/he will work closely with the Founder and President to shape business development strategies and refine the company’s offerings.
Bergmen Consulting is a startup founded in 2008, providing IT strategy and project management services to airlines. We work hand in hand with IT and business leadership to drive efficiency and differentiation through technology.
Combining solid industry knowledge, IT delivery expertise and engineering capabilities, our consultants work as one to successfully bring critical initiatives and transformation efforts to the finish line, from strategy setting thru execution.
Our philosophy is simple: be frank and move things forward. We call it: Clarity Forward (tm).
We cherish and practice: TEAMWORK - IDEAS - CLARITY - EXTRA MILE (the)
Within a startup environment, it is expected that the Airline IT Delivery Director will be tasked with activities beyond the scope defined below.
- Identify and participate in networking/marketing events to build awareness, evangelize the company’s mission, and identify business opportunities.
- Generate customer interest and qualify sales opportunities. Identify potential customers. Grow and maintain database of sales leads.
- Build, maintain and manage relationships with existing and potential customers.
- Help develop proposal. Ensure customer needs are fully addressed.
- Learn and understand the customers’ business, long-term goals, and challenges.
- Help customers turn strategic business and IT goals into manageable projects or programs. Work with senior management to crystalize project vision and scope.
- Own and define scope of engagements.
- Oversee projects. Provide with guidance and leadership to project managers, business analysts, solution architects and test leads.
- Act as a senior project manager to successfully kick start projects and build trust with customers.
- Act as subject matter expert on IT delivery process and best practices.
- Act as escalation point on project issues, risks, and changes.
- Closely monitor risks that could affect the success of projects.
- Ensure quality of delivery and customer satisfaction.
- Participate in refining Bergmen Consulting’s proprietary solution delivery framework.
- Develop effective IT delivery teams.
- Develop and maintain relationships with PT consultants. Maintain database of resources.
- Draft job descriptions. Interview candidates.
- Monitor performance of project teams. Help prevent mistakes, help learn from them.
- Resolve conflicts within project teams.
- 5-10 years of experience in IT project management, program management, portfolio management, system management, and/or IT strategy.
- At least 2 years of experience in the airline/transportation, and/or hotel industries.
- Familiar with waterfall and agile methodologies.
- Thinks strategically to generate new business.
- Ability to create, grow and manage strong client relationships.
- Ability to write compelling proposals. Strong communication skills.
- Ability to estimate project engagements.
- Happy to wear multiple hats.
- Can’t help walking the extra mile.
- Very positive, creative, frank and clear.
- Willing and excited to work in a start-up environment.
- Willing to travel up to 20-60% of the time.
- BA in IT, Master’s degree in IT preferred.
Work from anywhere. We are in 2013!