||Vendor Selection Lead - Managing Consultant
Bergmen Consulting is looking for a managing consultant to with solid experience vendor selection. S/he will be working side by side with senior IT and business leadership at leading organizations to bring technology initiatives to the finish line.
Bergmen Consulting is a startup founded in 2008, providing IT strategy and project management services to airlines. We work hand in hand with IT and business leadership to drive efficiency and differentiation through technology.
Combining solid industry knowledge, IT delivery expertise and engineering capabilities, our consultants work as one to successfully bring critical initiatives and transformation efforts to the finish line, from strategy setting thru execution.
- Lead and oversee execution of vendor selection projects.
- Drive discovery sessions to understand customers' vision and goals.
- Work side by side with business analysts to crystalize customers' needs.
- Develop effective quantitative and qualitative framework to assess potential vendors.
- Review vendor propositions in details, and challalenge vendor candidates on key topics.
- Ensure that vendor candidates are aligned with customers' business and IT goals.
- Negotiate commercial terms with vendor candidates.
- Develop engagement model.
In general, as a Managing Consultant:
- Constantly learn about customers' business, vision and challenges.
- Lead the delivery of complex IT projects.
- Identify and manage risks constantly.
- Proactively propose solutions to risks and issues.
- Ensure completeness and quality of deliverables.
- Track budget.
- Manage external vendors. Hold them accountable for delivering entire scope.
- Estimate project costs.
- Help hiring project resources.
- Actively participate in refining the company's delivery framework.
- Build and maintain project collaboration spaces.
- Mentor junior project managers.
- 8-12 years in IT as a supply chain manager, project manager, strategy consultant, and/or any leadership position.
- At least 2 years managing teams.
- Ability to manage large (> 3K man-hours) projects.
- Ability to estimate projects is a plus.
- Strong risk manager.
- Proactively proposes solutions to move forward.
- Highly organized.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Very positive. Strong people skills.
- Ability to build team and inspire greatness.
- Account management experience is a plus.
- Fluent in more than 1 language is a plus.
- BA/S in IT, Master’s degree in IT preferred.
- Working remotely is OK.
- May require up to 80% traveling on certain engagements.
- Canddate must be authorized to work in the US.